Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:02
    Vincent
    0

    Can't see any node content in admin

    We have a project that is on different pcs and one server that we "share" using SVN and everything works fine except that for 2 hours now I can't see any node in umbraco'S admin. If I click on Content I only see the Content node that is empty and it does the same for all of the section (Media, Users, Settings...) It's working fine on the other pcs and on the server, only on my machine that is not working. I try to add all the rights to IIS_IUSRS on my folder and I also look at the Log in the database but it's all fine(I don't get any error).

    I'm using v 4.0.4.2, thanks for the help!

  • Benjamin Howarth 305 posts 771 karma points c-trib
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:08
    Benjamin Howarth
    0

    Hi Vincent,

    Right-click on your DLLs in the /bin directory (particularly, AjaxControlToolkit.dll) and click Properties to see if the files are blocked - this seems to be the main cause and clicking "Unblock" seems to resolve the issue.

    Best,

    Benjamin

  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:39
    Vincent
    0

    Hi Benjamin,

    Thanks for the quick reply, by blocked you mean read-only? It seems to be ok for AjaxControlToolkit.dll, I'll check the others and let you know. What could cause this behavior?

  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:41
    Vincent
    0

    It's not working, all my dlls seems to be fine...

  • Benjamin Howarth 305 posts 771 karma points c-trib
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:43
    Benjamin Howarth
    0

    Hi Vincent,

    Do you have Firebug or Fiddler? If so, can you examine the request stack when you load the admin dashboard and see if you get anything that throws an HTTP 500 status code?

    Best,

    Benjamin

  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:54
    Vincent
    0

    I do have firebug, How can I check for 500 status code with it? I only use it for YSlow... and debuging js.

  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 19:57
    Vincent
    0

    If I look in the console I have this call : http://localhost:85/umbraco/tree.aspx?rnd=afc3b5bb-efc8-4628-a462-df2fdd6528ab&id=-1&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=content that returns 200 OK but the tree is empty... <tree />

  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 20:01
    Vincent
    0

    Also, when I go to the website(not the admin), it works just fine and the login is working so I don't think it's that database(it also works on the server witch is using the same DB).

    Kind of lost here...

  • Vincent 75 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 31, 2010 @ 13:59
    Vincent
    0

    I finaly found the problem, I build a UC in my other project that make a call to mailchimp API, witch need the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll but I did not notice that this library was already in my umbraco project so when I built my other project the dll was copied to the umbraco bin folder and it was not the same version.

    At least I could have recive an error message... I would have find out faster.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft