Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hywelbane 7 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 16, 2010 @ 16:59
    hywelbane

members issue with huge amount amount of members

Hello,

I imported a huge amount of members in the umbraco database. However, when I try to show members from the backend, the system returns nothing when it has to show many children below the tree.

Is there any problem by using too many records in the tables cmsMembers and umbracoNode? There was a work item (#26434) reported on codeplex which seems to be related to this issue, but it appears to be solved. My umbraco version is 4.5.

I have included an index in table cmsContentVersion as well (ContentId index), but the problem is still there.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance...

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 08:40
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

With so many members it's better to use the search option IMHO vecause it will return less records. The tree is not meant to show hundreds or thousands of records.

Cheers,

Richard

• hywelbane 7 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 09:59
    hywelbane

Hello, Richard:

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that I'd hope to use the search option, but there is an error when I try to look for members:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.presentation.dialogs.search.doSearch() +733
       umbraco.presentation.dialogs.search.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +497
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +73
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3047

There is a work item opened in codeplex (http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28789).

Thanks...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft