Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sauritas 37 posts 57 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 10:34
    sauritas

Best way to share the same umbraco site project?

Hi everybody,

I have some questions related with sharing code, archives, database in umbraco.

First of all, here is the case.

And 1 server

In this server, we have an umbraco installation and a Database (umbracoCMS)

2 developers

PC A - He designs the front-end of a website. Install packages, develope templates, etc. He uses his local installation of umbraco and points to DB in the server

PC B - He converts all the code of an existing web application (that it is in .aspx files) in users controls. He uses his local installation of umbraco and points to his local DB. He also uses Visual Studio to develop the user controls.

So, now we know how to do our work, we want to know HOW TO SHARE OUR WORK. I mean, we want to see the changes we made in our umbraco installation and then share it in only one umbraco installation (like a development umbraco installation). We where considering to use SubVersion, but we don't know pretty much about it. Also we have some doubts about the database. Can we point to the same database in the server? Or may we have some ID problems?

This is our FIRST doubts. Our second is ¿What is the best way to upload changes in the development environmet to a production environment? I mean, do we have to have to DB (one for development and one for production in the server?)

I don't know if you understan the problem... I you don't, jus tell me :)

Can anyone help me about this?????

Thanks!!!

Oct 05, 2010 @ 10:37
    sauritas

One more thing. We are using a free installation of umbraco

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 11:16
    Rich Green

Grab a cup of Tea / Coffee and have a read of the following thread for some ideas http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/3619-Source-control-and-multiple-developers

Rich

Oct 05, 2010 @ 11:23
    sauritas

Thanks for the reply!!!!! I'll read that post!

• SBS 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 24, 2013 @ 12:50
    SBS

Hi

Can give me Solution

How multideveloper share a project CheckIn/CheckOut or Get Latest Version etc  ?While  Developers at different Cities.

Thanks You

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft