Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 11:43
    Dan Evans

Rollback error in 4.5

When we try to rollback to a previous content version the following error occurs:

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_cmsDocument_cmsTemplate". The conflict occurred in database "OA_Thinkeyegiene", table "dbo.cmsTemplate", column 'nodeId'.
    The statement has been terminated.

[SqlException (0x80131904): The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_cmsDocument_cmsTemplate". The conflict occurred in database "OA_Thinkeyegiene", table "dbo.cmsTemplate", column 'nodeId'.
    The statement has been terminated.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +215
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +178
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +56
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +83
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +116
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +148

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +230
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.RollBack(Guid VersionId, User u) +969
    umbraco.presentation.dialogs.rollBack.doRollback_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +377
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
  • greengiant83 88 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 21:39
    greengiant83

I have the same problem in both 4.6.1 and 4.7rc

• greengiant83 88 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 22:23
    greengiant83

Does the node you are trying to roll back have a template associated with it?  I think this is a bug that only manifests for item's without templates, or doc types with out templates.

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 14:15
    Dwayne A

Hi all,

Experienced precisely the same yesterday. On top of the Insert Statement error, all my files associated with the site were missing after I attempted to roll back a page associated with that site. All pages and the root node were gone (I have many sites running on one instance). Have not checked the DB yet, but they are not showing up in UI. I tried again with a test site. Same result.

@greengiant83: I have based my sites on a global properties docType without associating a template to it. This is my site container running metadata and such, under which all pages act as children. What is the bug you are referring to?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 16:56
    Tom Fulton

FYI - I ran into this issue also (error on rollback, only occurs on documents with no template assigned).  I found this issue on Codeplex which reports it was fixed in latest changeset and should be included on 4.7.1.

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    Jun 07, 2011 @ 08:48
    Dwayne A

I actually discoved in my case that our server was causing issues with Umbraco, especially with the developer section. Could not create our install packages, among other things. And could not rollback any pages. We tried everything to resolve, but ended up hosting on another server with same framework, which resolved the problem immediately. Still not certain why.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft