Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 22:37
    Stephan Lonntorp

When, and where, does the PropertyPanel translate property names?

When you give a property a name that is a dictionary key, it automagically gets translated when the editor control is rendered on the page. I've been looking in the source now for over an hour, and I can't figure out when translation occurs. Maybe I'm stupid.

The reason I want to know, is that I want the same behavior to apply when rendering properties that contain dictionary keys, i.e. PreValue properties that should be localized. This is something I'm missing, and I thought the fastest way to get it fixed was to do it myself and the submit the patch to codeplex.

I'm thinking that once I find out where it occurs, I can implement it in all the places I'm missing, like as in macro parameter names as well.

Any suggestions on where I should look?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 23:14
    Aaron Powell

Not really sure what you're looking for, do you mean when is the DataEditor part of a DataType accessed? If so that's in umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls (property is accessed) and then that goes to the addControlNew method which adds the DataEditor to the editing window.

When using it for the front end (well, pushing it into the XML cache to be used by the front end) that is from the DataType's Value property getter.

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 09:12
    Stephan Lonntorp

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft