Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Nov 06, 2010 @ 16:03
    Andrew

Cannot delete items in media folder

Hello,

I am having some problems deleting items in my media folder using the umbraco interface.  When I try to delete an item, I get a popup asking if I am sure, I click yes, and then nothing happens.  I ran FireBug and found that the following is happening.  The error occurs during the following call:

I don't know much about what is happening, but is the address above correct? It seems a bit strange.
    The error message is:
    Message: "There was an error processing the request.", StackTrace: "", ExceptionType: ""
    I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem.  Thanks for your help.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Nov 06, 2010 @ 16:20
    Jeroen Breuer

Does this happen if you try to empty the complete recycle bin or a single item? If it's a single item this is a know bug and already fixed in the latest changeset: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28830. If it's the complete recycle bin it might also be fixed: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29114.

Jeroen

Nov 06, 2010 @ 16:26
    Andrew

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your quick response.  I am using Umbraco version 4.0.4.2.  The problem occurs when I try to delete a single item from the media section.  I'm not sure if the links that you posted apply to my version.  Do you think I should upgrade my Umbraco version and see if that fixes everything?

Thanks,

Andrew

Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:53
    Andrew

In my original post, the page that was being posted to did not show up correctly, it should have read:

POST MYDOMAIN/umbraco/webservices/legacyAjaxCalls.asmx/Delete

Is this the proper place to be posted to by umbraco?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft