Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RM 33 posts 95 karma points
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 20:17
    RM

shared content

Hi,

I am really new to umbraco, but am enjoying getting to grips with it.  I am having some difficulty and not sure how to move forwards.  I have a design that will have several different templates, and some content (html) will be shared across all of them.  Is there a way in the system to define some centralised content and then put them via some umbraco control into each of the pages so that ther are managed cenrtrally.

Any help would be great.

Rob

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 21:49
    Aaron Powell

I believe you can do this via the Relations API, but I've never used it myself.

Generally what I do if I need to have content used in multiple locations is to have a node which the content is on and then link that node (using a Content Picker) to the page(s) which require it. This means you have 1 location to edit it and it can be added to as many pages are required. The API is then responsible for loading the content by following the Content Picker's link.

Alternatively if you have entire pages which need to be duplicated (like every property duplicated) you can use the umbracoRedirect property.

Also, while browsing the wiki (*after* I'd written this response :P) I came across this which may help: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/creating-reusable-content

• RM 33 posts 95 karma points
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 22:00
    RM

Hi Slace,

Thanks for the reply and also the link, looks like i have some reading in front of me :)

Thanks again!

Rob

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft