Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mathias 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 15:12
    Mathias

Database saved content does not show up on website.

Hi guys

I have a problem I am simply unable to understand.

I have Umbraco installed and a database installed.

I have recently moved it all to another server.

Everything seemed to work until I tried and edit something.

I can edit everything perfect in the CMS Module, it is saved and I can preview it. But once I want to view it on the actual website it is the old version that appears.

How is that even possible?

Hope you guys have some suggestions for me, because I am drawing a blank here.

• Mads Krohn 211 posts 504 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 23:49
    Mads Krohn

I'm going out on a limb here, but my guess is, that you did a complete copy of your website from one server to another, including the App_Data folder. That means also copying the umbraco.config file, which is the xml representation of your database content and is used to fetch frontend content. If for some reason that file is not being updated when you are publishing items in the backend, that would cause the content from the old site to be rendered in the browser.

What you can try and do is right click on the root Content node in the content section and choose "Republish entire site". That should refresh the umbraco.config file with the current content in your database. Good luck :)

• Claus Jensen 49 posts 157 karma points hq
    Nov 24, 2010 @ 03:11
    Claus Jensen

If the republish doesn't do the job, try simply deleting the umbraco.config file and restart the webserver (causing it to regenerate the file). It can be done by either touching (editing and re-saving) the web.config file or restarting the IIS... ;-)

Your problem could be caused by permissions carried over when copying, not allowing umbraco to overwrite the umbraco.config file with new content.

• Lincoln Vu 8 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 21:52
    Lincoln Vu

Republish the entired site works for me! Thanks. I messed the web.config and have to install a new Umbraco to get a proper config file. Then I change the database setting in web.config: ‘umbracoDbDSN’ > ‘catalogue’, content shown up in control panel but not website, until I re publish.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft