Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 22:16
    mfeola

Multiple sites on one install Publishes wrong URL

Basically what is happening is I create a new page in one of the 3 sites i have set up in umbraco that all have different hostnames.  After publishing instead of having this url:

http://www.website.com/new/page.aspx

i get this

http://www.website.com/website/new/page.aspx

It fixes when i republish but i don't want the admin to continually have to republish page after page whenever they create new content.  Is this a bug or a setting i have not corrected in back end of the umbraco site? 

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 23:28
    Paul Blair

I assume you have useDomainPrefixes set to true in /config/umbracosettings.config?

Also, are all you sites at the same level, preferably level 1 below the Content node?

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Dec 10, 2010 @ 00:01
    mfeola

yes and yes. thank you for the reply

i think the issue may have partially been how i was told what was going on.  there are a few things that are now clear to me.

1. the backend is not doing this anymore.  it probably started when i added the hostnames in the first place after the site already existed but i republished the entire site and the individual pages on the site a few times so i should have gotten them all (is that a normal issue?)
    2. new pages do not have this problem anymore either.  it will show the link tot he document without the hostname but then if you navigate away from the page and back it displays fine
    3. user controls were displaying the hostname because i was foolishly thinking that "niceurlfullpath" displayed the entire link of the page including server host name.  what it actually does is it doesnt remove the first node in the path (which would normally be home but for me was the name of the hostnames)
    since no new issues have come up i have to hope that this is fine but i will post an update when the site goes live and i have to rename the hostnames again.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Dec 10, 2010 @ 00:19
    Paul Blair

yes, I think you would have to republish the entire site again if hostnames are added at a later stage

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft