Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stephen 32 posts 52 karma points
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 15:32
    stephen

Simple and Easy Shopping Cart

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Umbraco and I'm looking at adding a shopping cart to my site, what are peoples opinions on the current shopping carts available and which one would be recomended as the easiest to get running with Umbraco. I have no idea about shopping carts so any suggestions would go a long way.

Thanks

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 15:41
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Not sure about a simple cart, what would it need to do? You could try a paypal button or something like that. Personally, I think you might be better off with a webshop type of package, that way your site can grow easier if needed.

Currently, the best offer seems to be SuperSimpleWebshop which is €99,- for a full blown webshop which can be from very small to large, whatever you need. You can download it and install a full shop to test it out, when you're ready to deploy you will need a license to remove some messages in e-mails to shoppers.

Jan 04, 2011 @ 16:05
    stephen

Hi Sebastiann,

Thanks for the reply. My site will be selling simple products such as t-shirts and small items, I don't need anything over complex. Been a student I'd prefer something open source. I have read about commerce 4 umbraco and google checkout but I'm unsure which would be best and easiest to get up and running, any thoughts?

Cheers,

Steve

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 16:08
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Commerce4Umbraco hasn't been worked on for ages, I never got it to work on my Umbraco installs anyway.

Google Checkout could work, but I have no experience with it. Looks simple enough though, not sure what payment methods are supported though and if they are suitable for your needs.

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 21:58
    bob baty-barr

@stephan,

i wrote a quck little wiki post about using paypal mini cart here... http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/quick-paypal-minicart-store-with-umbraco

maybe that could work for you.

Jan 06, 2011 @ 19:40
    stephen

Thanks for the help guys ill look into the suggestions.

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft