Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lindsay 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 05:20
    Lindsay

Link To Document Showing as # when published... Please Help

Hi There,

I am fairly new to Umbraco and today I noticed, when I go and create a new document (say runaway textpage) and I hit 'Publish' the link to document link is "#" and I cant get it to change.

Do you have any thoughts as to why this is and most of all, how it can be fixed? 

Hopefully someone has come accross this before and its an easy fix.

Cheers!

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 06:24
    Aaron Powell

Most often I see this problem when the permissions aren't right for Umbraco. At the very least the account that the website runs as (Network Service, etc) needs to have read & write access to the ~/App_Data folder.

Here's a good example of how to (from the command line) configure the permissions: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

• Removed User 12 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 02:42
    Removed User

I'm having the same problem on our live server (works fine in the other environments). I've checked the permissions and they're fine, any idea what else it might be?

Thanks,

Annelie

• Jason N 55 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 22:32
    Jason N

I have this same exact problem, and after going through all the permissions steps mentioned above it remained.  What's odd is that this happens only when creating documents from newly created document types.  If I create a document with one of the older document types the url is created correctly.  I'm using the latest version (4.7.2) and just upgraded from 4.7.1 because of this problem, hoping that new version would fix it.  No clue how to fix this so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

• Warren Harding 132 posts 275 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 06:26
    Warren Harding

We had this issue as well, and it turned out to be because we still had distributed call set to true in the umbraco settings config file, while running on a development server.

Are you running your site across multiple servers?

To fix this, we set distributedCall enabled="false" deleted the umbraco.config file from App_Data and recycled the app pool in IIS. Back up and running as before.

• mithun 42 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 23, 2013 @ 10:26
    mithun

Hi ,

I tried all .but doesn,t work.please help guys....

regards

mithun

WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating
    (not enough votes)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft