Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anonymous 20 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 23, 2011 @ 01:12
    Anonymous

Bulk upload problem in "Personal site"

Hi,

I installed the personal site on Umbraco 4.6.1 and tried to use the "Bulk upload" option in the gallery.

After selecting a .zip file with a few jpg images and pressing the publish button, the zipfile itself is uploaded and visible as link on the page, but the expected child nodes with the images from the zip aren't there.

I don't know wich component has been used (or is it core) and how to solve the problem.

Anybody an idea?

Jan 23, 2011 @ 15:42
    Anonymous

Yes, I allready found it (by reading http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/5763-Is-there-an-issue-with-the-bulk-upload-of-pictures-function-in-v4)

The issue is that the document alias of Gallery Album and Gallery Photo is not equal to the aliasses in Umbraco.RunwayGallery.cs

For me the easy way is changing umbGalleryAlbum to runwayGalleryAlbum and umbGalleryPhoto to RunwayGalleryPhoto.

I think this is a "bug" in the personal site starterkit? Isn't it?

Jan 24, 2011 @ 00:14
    Anonymous

Renaming the documenttype was not the correct option... (it will break other things).

So I decided to change the Umbraco.RunwayGallery.cs

Also another problem occured: It skipped some image files because the extension is .JPG instead of .jpg.

I know that there is a config setting somewhere, but changing:

if (umbraco.UmbracoSettings.ImageFileTypes.Contains(imageFile.Extension.Replace(".", "")))

to:

if (umbraco.UmbracoSettings.ImageFileTypes.Contains(imageFile.Extension.Replace(".", "").ToLower()))

Solved my problems..

• cbae 18 posts 40 karma points
    May 10, 2011 @ 08:14
    cbae

I'm seeing this same issue. However, I checked my error log, and nothing is showing up. I checked the Umbraco.RunwayGallery.cs file, and the fix suggested above to change the aliases have already been done. So, why is this still not working for me? Can anybody confirm that this bulk upload feature is working with a SQL Server Compact 4.0 deployment?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft