Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 15:53
    Jay Dobson

Using a staging environment as the only point of content entry.

Hi All,

My organization is tossing around the idea of using our staging environment for content entry (by the business users) and moving everything to production daily with courier, at the same time disallowing production login for regular users (haven't worked out how this will happen yet). 

My question is, has anyone done a setup like this successfully?  Can anyone think of any issues or roadblocks with this sort of setup?

Thanks,

Jay

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 16:59
    Ismail Mayat

current version of courier does not handle macros,datatypes latest version however does.  You can stop production login by removing everything in the umbraco directory except for webservices folder,imagegen (if installed ) and webservice.asmx 

Regards

Ismal

Jan 31, 2011 @ 20:01
    Jay Dobson

Thanks.

That sounds like a solid option.  What I might do as an alternative is add some code so that the login can only be accessed internally.  There's some worry about a public-facing CMS login.  I assume that Umbraco's login is pretty solid, but this at least takes any risk out of the equation.

Jay

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 10:58
    Ismail Mayat

no need for code you could in iis set range of ips that have access to /umbraco directory.

Regards

Ismail

Feb 01, 2011 @ 16:34
    Jay Dobson

Good point. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft