Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcus 41 posts 61 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 20:57
    Marcus

access denied to TEMP folder in App_Data

Having problem with the umbraco indexing, here is the error output. help on solving this is appreciated / Marcus

Error loading IApplication: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Access to the path '[SITE]\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\' is denied. ([SITE]\config\ExamineSettings.config line 12) ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '[SITE]\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create() at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.VerifyFolder(DirectoryInfo folder) at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) at UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, ProviderCollection providers, Type providerType) at Examine.ExamineManager.LoadProviders() at Examine.ExamineManager..ctor() at Examine.ExamineManager..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Examine.ExamineManager.get_Instance() at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.Search.ExamineEvents..ctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Application.RegisterIApplications()

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 21:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcus

Are you sure permissions have been set properly on the Umbraco root folder for network service and iusr?

/Jan

Feb 11, 2011 @ 11:20
    Marcus

im on shared hosting, though there is no other problems for umbraco to create files and folders in the App_data folder

Feb 11, 2011 @ 13:07
    Marcus

There seems to be no problem of umbraco writing to the ClientDependency folder in the TEMP folder

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 13:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcus

Well maybe there is a problem with rights on the specific folder you mentioned in the first pos - have you tried contacting the hosting provider to make sure that there's not at problem?

/Jan

Feb 11, 2011 @ 13:27
    Marcus

well i actually have another umbraco site setup on the same hostingcompany which workes as it should. But perhaps i need to talk to them.

/ Marcus

Feb 11, 2011 @ 14:02
    Marcus

This is interesting.

When changing ASPNET 4.0 Pipelinemode from Integrated to Classic, the ExamineIndexer started working. But i need Integrated otherwise Wildcardmapping doesnt work. Any thoughts why indexer cant access/read/write App_data/TEMP/ when using INTEGRATED pipeline, but works when using CLASSIC Pipeline?

/ Marcus

Feb 16, 2011 @ 10:43
    Marcus

Also, interesting is that in version 4.5.2 (asp.net 3.5) examineindexing works with both classic and integrated, so in has to be a access issue, perhasp close this and talk to hostingprovider.

• Robert Johansson 9 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 05, 2011 @ 23:06
    Robert Johansson

I'm using Surftown and I'm having the same problem as well. Any ideas?

Oct 10, 2011 @ 14:16
    Marcus

hello! i downgraded to 4.6 dotnet 3.5 version i believe, then used integrated pipes to enable directory urls

• Johan 38 posts 88 karma points
    Jan 27, 2013 @ 10:17
    Johan

I was having write permission problems. Adding proper write permission to the application pool identity soved this for me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft