Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gene Foxwell 17 posts 39 karma points
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 16:36
    Gene Foxwell

Umbraco not correctly displaying a Macro in a Members Area

Hi,

We are using Umbraco 4.5.2 and have created a simple Macro which works fine on all the pages but the Members area pages.  In the Members area, the Macro renders it's content just fine in the Rich Text Editor, however when Umbraco renders the page - instead of rendering the content for the Macro cleanly like it does in the Text Editor it does nothing.  Inspecting the HTML shows that instead of rendering the content all it's done is:

<?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias="ThoughtOfTheDay"
    settingsid="1861" />

Which looks to me as if Umbraco is ignoring the Macro for some reason.  Why would this happen and is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 17:32
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Macro's are meant for content/pages only, since a Member is not content this is working as excpected, maybe you can create a custom datatype to display the data that you want?

Cheers,

Richard

• Gene Foxwell 17 posts 39 karma points
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 17:41
    Gene Foxwell

Hi,

Perhaps I was not clear - it is on the Content Pages where this is happening, not in the in the backend.  The "Members Page" I am referring too is simply a content page on which we have used Role Based Protection. (i.e. we set the Public Access to a specific role on the content page via the interface).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft