Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 16:56
    Pinal Bhatt

eLearning Interactions in Umbraco

I am planning to work on creating content managed eLearning Interactions in Umbraco based site. Just want to know if anybody has already worked on this or have any idea regarding this?

i am looking forward for eLearning Interactions like
    Accordion
    Tabs
    Multiple choice questions
    Hotspot Images
    Sequencing
    Matching
    and many more.....

I am planning to implement these interactions using jQuery and AJAX.

Any pointers or suggestions will be helpful and are appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Pinal Bhatt

Mar 09, 2011 @ 15:08
    Pinal Bhatt

Hi Community - any help?

Mar 15, 2011 @ 17:03
    Pinal Bhatt

Hi Community - any help?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 17:44
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Pinal,

I wouldn't think that the Community is ignoring you, more that you are asking about specific front-end interface elements.

Part of the beauty of Umbraco is the freedom to implement whatever templates/mark-up you desire, so most times it's a case of getting the right HTML together and developing your templates/macros to output accordingly.

As for the UI elements, you've already looked at the jQuery UI library, also take a look at the Filament Group's jQuery blog posts - a lot of clever UI over there!

If you need any advice/help with more specific stuff, like macros/XSLT, etc. then let us know - easier for the community to help with those.

Cheers, Lee.

Mar 15, 2011 @ 18:18
    Pinal Bhatt

I don't have any complain agains community nor i think commumity is ignoring my post on this forum. This is indeed really a great community.

I have already started working on my this requirement. My only purpose for posting this topic was to know if anybody have worked on this or may be we can share some ideas.

• Don Ross 28 posts 49 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 00:17
    Don Ross

Hi Pinal,

I will be working on an eLearning solution in the coming months for a client that we will be putting into Umbraco. It is all pretty straight forward for Umbraco (doctypes and nodes). If you have any questions, I would be happy to assist. I am not a .NET developer by any means as we have others that do that type of work, I am more of a front-end developer.

Don

Mar 17, 2011 @ 11:09
    Pinal Bhatt

@Don - Thanks a lot for response. I have already stated working on developing eLearning Interactions using Umbraco and jQuery. 

Definately we can share our ideas and approches on this.

BTW - In which country and what time zone you are working?

• Wietze Strik 27 posts 131 karma points
    May 22, 2012 @ 15:20
    Wietze Strik

Hi Don and Pinal,

We are looking for posabilities of e-learning for a client. Have you succesfully finshed your systems? Is there a way to see it work?

Hope to here from you.

Wietze

• Ivan Strigo 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jun 12, 2015 @ 07:29
    Ivan Strigo

Hi to all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have first Umbraco eLearning project in production with possibility of multiple lessons and with different type of questions (complete the word, a/b/c and crossword) http://netmedia.io/work/umbraco-elearning

Cheers, Ivan

• Dave Long 13 posts 43 karma points
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 09:16
    Dave Long

Hi Ivan

I realise this thread is pretty old, but thought I'd try anyway. I have a potential client that is asking about this functionality and wondered if you'd be willing to share your experience and discuss the option of a source code purchase from you for this that we can use as a starter?

I'm not 100% sure of the exact functionality we need at this point (and neither is the client really) so really just looking for a starting point that we can then adapt to their needs ?

We'd be wanting to build something on the latest Umbraco (probably 7.7 which is due out in a month or two) - not sure what version your solution is built on but would be interested to discuss options with you.

Thanks, Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft