Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon Jollans 41 posts 65 karma points
    Mar 16, 2011 @ 15:31
    Leon Jollans

script is very slow in edit DocumentType

Hi all

I have the famfamfam icon package installed, which means I have a *lot* of icons in the document type icon drop down in admin when editing a DocumentType.

On the one hand I would like a slightly better way of choosing an icon, maybe from a dialog, But I have a bigger problem. The page is extremely slow to load - upwards of 30 seconds a time.

I ran the F12 profiler on it and the culprit seems to be the jquery call to refreshDropDowns() using the .msDropDown jquery extension via DependencyHandler.axd (though I guess this just means it's external script content.

There's a call to .selected (which is hard to describe further without you looking at my screen) that gets hit 1.2 million times.

Here's a link to my exported profiler results - though I don't know how useful that is without having my site installed.

If you want to reproduce, I suspect installing the famfamfam icon package will do it for you.

Anyone got a quick fix? One that doesn't involve rebuilding the source. it looks like the jquery call is emitted by code.

Cheers, Leon

Mar 16, 2011 @ 15:37
    Leon Jollans
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 17:15
    Leon Jollans

I'm on my own with this one huh?

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 23:22
    seanrock

i have the same problem however i notice this doesn't happen all the time and on some machines in different locations the umbraco cms loads up quickly.

Jul 14, 2011 @ 23:29
    Leon Jollans

I think this happens because of the famfamfam icons set, which is 1000 icons or so in the document type icon drop down.

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Jul 23, 2011 @ 01:53
    seanrock

i'm not using the famfam package [on this site] so it cannot be that - however, i do use it on an umbraco site on another server and that is fine. The DependencyHandler.axd often takes 5+ minutes - so i think its a server issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft