Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    Mar 16, 2011 @ 20:16
    Tommy Albinsson

cacheRefresher given Unauthorized exception

Hello,

I am trying to set up a load balanced environment with distributed call. I get an unauthorized when trying to call the webservice. I have changed the authentication to windows on the site where the werbservice is. This because i need AD for users.

The other site using the database does not have windows auth, it has got the regular forms auth. I need to do this to use the AD for signing in (building an intranet) but my problem now is that i can't use the cacheRefresher service.

Do i have to do something with the service? Can i authorize it my self?

Also, when updating on the master site. Why does not the other site i the farm (using windows auth) get the updates even after i recycle the app pool? They are both connected to the same database, so it should at least update the content?

Error refreshing a node in the distributed list: 'System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.     at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)     at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)     at umbraco.presentation.cache.dispatcher.InvokeDispatchMethod(DispatchType dispatchType, Guid factoryGuid, Int32 numericId, Guid guidId)', URI attempted: http://new.eelab.se/umbraco/webservices/cacheRefresher.asmx

• Baldy 20 posts 40 karma points
    Oct 04, 2013 @ 17:27
    Baldy

Did you ever resolve this? we have the same issue

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 04, 2013 @ 21:02
    Kevin Jump

you need to alter the security on the WebServices Directory "\Umbraco\Webservices" - if you have set windows authentication in IIS , then navigate to this directory and make it use anonymous - then the webservice calls will get through

Oct 05, 2013 @ 13:00
    Baldy

this is the first thing i tried and it took down the entire backend because none of the calls to noderefresher would work and therefore the content tree didnt render.

It does seem odd - by rights all calls should now get through.  im going to dig deeper on this and see if its the identity of the anonymous calls that somehow doesnt have the correct permissions.

Have you successfully ran umbraco like this?

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 05, 2013 @ 13:05
    Kevin Jump

Yes we ran this on an intranet with windows authentication on, with the folder set to anonymous, I can't remember but you might also have to add a <location> setting to the web.config. to let stuff through.

Oct 05, 2013 @ 18:01
    Baldy

thanks for your help Kevin, ill give this a try on Monday.

Oct 23, 2013 @ 18:59
    Baldy

So i set the webservices directory to...

Anonymous Auth = enabled

WindowsAuth = disabled

yet i kept getting 401 unauthorized responses on all calls that go to resources under the webservices directory.

Adding this to the web.config fixed it...

<location path="umbraco/webServices">

<system.web>

<authorization>

<allow users="*"/>

</authorization>

</system.web>

</location>

Now i just need to try this out in with the load balancers enabled....

• Dhiren 59 posts 201 karma points
    Mar 13, 2015 @ 13:14
    Dhiren

We are facing same issue in our live site. Anonymous authentication is enabled on live site but still this is not working.

Please help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft