Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 09:57
    Anders Brohäll

Cannot login as admin after upgrading to v4.7

Hi all,

I just upgraded a 4.6.x site to 4.7.0 following the instructions om CodePlex, and also i deleted the file umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.dll to get the xslt-macros working.

The site worked great, at least as long as i was logged onto the umbraco backend.
    However, when returning to the site after a while and logged in again it didn't work.

When i submit my user/pass into the login form, it just returns to the exact form - but with a new redirect url: /umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx. The u/p is correct, if i type something else the fields get the annoying error-notification (shaking red borders).

I cannot go around the login, after the post i cannot access any other files behind the login. IE the /umbraco/umbraco.aspx - it just redirects me to the login.

The umbracoLog says '48095    0    -1    2011-03-17 09:39:02.340    Login    ' (with a empty logComment - supposed). Thus, the 'failed' login isnt verbous in any way...

I tried to create a  new user following the creation of 'backdoor'-user described in: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/2091-User-cant-login-to-backend with the exact same result.

Im using IIS7 on Windows 7, .NET Framework 4.0.

What is causing this?

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 10:23
    Stephan Lonntorp

Have your checked your file access permissions?

Mar 17, 2011 @ 10:34
    Anders Brohäll

Yup, Network Service has full permission to everything.
    : /

Edit: Also tried Everyone, and made sure that the Source-controll doesn't block anything..

Edit: The problem is pretty much as described in http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/6794-Admin-login-not-working-after-server-migration, altough the passwordFormat WAS - and IS Hashed...

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 11:12
    Hundebol

Hi Anders,

Go into your web.config. Delete Password="hashed" under membership settings.

Go into you database, tables -> dbo.umbracoUser. Insert a new Userpassword.

Now try to login to your backend with the new password.

It that is a success, you just have to insert Password="hashed" in web.config again, and make a new password in umbraco.

Best regards,
    Hundebol

Mar 17, 2011 @ 11:25
    Anders Brohäll

@Hundebol, i dont thnink that the membership provider nor the passwordFormat is the issue.

I did try you suggestion, without luck. Thing is i do get a 'wrong password' notification when typing a incorrect u/p, but the real problem is that when i use the correct u/p i just return to the login-form. Without any notification.

It seems that the login is triggered as it sould, however not set. I dont know if it is stored in cookies or session or whatever, but my idéa ATM is that the form itself works, but not the upcoming check on the /umbraco/umbraco.aspx-page -> that redirects it back to the login-form.

Idéas?

Mar 17, 2011 @ 16:37
    Anders Brohäll

BTW, im using a MSSQL 2008/R2 database, can't really see how that'd affect anything, but still part of the config.

Mar 18, 2011 @ 10:21
    Anders Brohäll

I also added the IIS APPPOOL\{application-pool-name} full rights,
    Thus i am pretty certain it's not a permissions problem.

What about config changes for the 4.7.0 release?
    I tried to find changes with WinMerge, but without luck.

Still nothing?

Mar 18, 2011 @ 10:39
    Anders Brohäll

Spamming a bit here, sorry bout that.

I just realized that the 'successful' login with the correct username/password directly gets redirected to /umbraco/logout.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx and then back to /umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx.

This does not happen if i post a faux u/p, the site just returns to /umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx, with the annoying javascript error notification.

Thus, i am certain that it's not a passwordFormat isssue either.

Driving me nuts!

• Joakim Åhlin 1 post 22 karma points
    Mar 18, 2011 @ 13:07
    Joakim Åhlin

Hi Anders.

Have you checked the appSettings key for time out "umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" ?

Regards

Joakim

Mar 18, 2011 @ 13:11
    Anders Brohäll

Oh yeah.
    It does solve the issue!

In some way i assumed that the value '0' would be disable the timeout that i - for some reason - would be able to disable in 4.7.0.
    I don't know why, i suppose i got way to carried away by this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/17266-Disable-the-Backend-TimeoutLock

Stupid of me.

Thank you @Joakim!

• Nikolaj Dam Larsen 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 22, 2011 @ 14:34
    Nikolaj Dam Larsen

I had the same assumption as you Anders, so I've been having exactly the same troubles. 

Glad it got "solved". Another thank you to Joakim.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft