Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve 14 posts 44 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 18:39
    Steve

Document Management

Hi,

On my site I need to have some basic document management where a user can upload a document (any type), set permissions on who can view it and have that document available on the website.. I have done something like this previously a few years ago using PHP when I made an image sharing website as part of my college course. To do this I had a database with a link to the images which could be called and were displayed in a page which got its data from the database.

I was wondering what the best way to do this in Umbraco would be. Would it be best to just make another database alongside the one used by Umbraco or is there a module available for something like this? Thanks

• Richard Soeteman 4039 posts 12887 karma points MVP
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 22:06
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Steve,

I have a Media protect package which allows you to protect media files for certain members. It works the same as content protection. I'm currently working on the manual and hoping to release next week,it will be a commercial package though. Price will be 99 euro per domain.

If you like I can send you the package already which you can run on your localhost.

Cheers,

Richard

• Steve 14 posts 44 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 22:30
    Steve

Thanks for your reply Richard,

I'm looking to spend as little as I can unless I absolutely have to and if I can get around costs then that would be better. Thanks for the information though and I hope your package is very successful

• Richard Soeteman 4039 posts 12887 karma points MVP
    Mar 25, 2011 @ 09:51
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Just a small update for everyone who is interested.I've released the media protect package and a trial can be downloaded here.

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft