Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Srdjan Lukic 34 posts 166 karma points
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 21:08
    Srdjan Lukic

Installing issues with Blog 4 Umbraco. Umbraco 4.7.0

Hi guys

I'm having problems installing the Blog 4 Umbraco on 4.7v.
    When I try to install the package I get this error : 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +722
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +517
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +259
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.MakeNew(String Name, DocumentType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) +569
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) +513
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +3849
    umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +1160
    umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +572
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +18
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3047

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• Nick Portelli 76 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 16:07
    Nick Portelli

I've ran 4.7 with the starter kits and the blog mostly runs fine.  In the Business Site template there is an issue with calling the wrong header place holder but it is an easy fix. I've not tried installing the package separately.  Worse comes to worse could just install a starter kit with a blog and use that or package up the blog bits.

Mar 21, 2011 @ 16:41
    Srdjan Lukic

Hi Nick

I did try to install the Starte kit aswell but it also failed during installation of the Document Type : Blog  . So something on my solution doensn't like that Document Type at all :D

• Thang Cao 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 09:48
    Thang Cao

Hi Srdjan,

Did you resolve your issue?

I also have the same issue and till do not know how to solve it :-s

Apr 11, 2011 @ 15:55
    Srdjan Lukic

Hi Thang 

Nope I haven't found a solution, so instead i just installed the uComment package and created my own blogsetup. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft