Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Portelli 76 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 16:24
    Nick Portelli

Asking for potential help this coming weekend for a charity event.

First I really like Umbraco, even with the pains it has given me.  Pains mostly from my web programming ignorance, been programming for the desktop too long.  Anyway I am doing a Give Camp this weekend. Specifically the Lansing Give Camp.  It is basically a caffine fuelled weekend where a bunch of developers and designers help charities with programming stuff.  Mostly updating websites.  And it is just the weekend.  I'm going to push for Umbraco as the CMS of choice for my project.

Last year I know people favored DotNetNuke and Joomla.  My experience on DotNetNuke and Joomla are they are harder to custom skin than Umbraco, yet have a lot of plugin's and modules.  Now my asking for help is from my lack of Umbraco know how.  I know the basics and I'm sure I can find many answers on the forum and wiki if I need them.  I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share an email or something or check this thread if help was needed.  

I know an event calendar and possibly the ability to sell things is wanted.  I don't remember seeing an event calendar in the projects, what do people use for a calendar?  Is there an easy way to add payments for items if a full blown commerce package is not needed?

Thank you

Nick

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft