Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 21:11
    Scott

Missing content node after foreign key error

I had one of my content folks contact me about a foreign key error they received after inputing some content on a node and attempting to save it. After the error, the node was no longer listed under the content tree. It had no child nodes so not a real big deal, we thought we would just re-create it. But then we realized that our xslt that was using it, was still seeing and listing that node on the web site. So now our website lists the "missing" node, as well as its replacement. And the original one has invalid information we no longer want display. Not being able to get to it through the content tree, we cant update it. In the interim we've updated our xslt to skip over the nodeid for the "missing" node. But how can we either make it start showing up in the content tree again, or remove it altogether? I dont like the idea of just removing the record from the node table because I dont know what else that will impact.

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 14:30
    Iain Martin

Hi guys, this seems to be the day for missing nodes!!

We have exactly the same issue with a node that was editited and then had an error appear on the admin section. This node still appears on the actual website, but doesn't appear in the content tree at all. Interestingly, it does appear in the 'SORT' function of the node/section.

Can we do anything in rollback?

Regards

Iain

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft