Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hamish 96 posts 154 karma points
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 02:57
    Hamish

Macro at the top of the richtext editor causes the last tag to lose its closing bracket

I'm currently experiencing a weird bug that I haven't seen before. Using umbraco 4.7

When you insert a macro at the top of a richtext editor, the last html tag loses its closing bracket. See code block of what is being saved in the umbraco.config file:

<?UMBRACO_MACRO
    videourl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAt1UIy__HQ&amp;feature=channel_video_title"
    macroAlias="InsertVideo" />

<p>Maecenas tincidunt metus eget eros vestibulum dapibus. Cum
    sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
    ridiculus mus. Proin in quam elementum sem consectetur pulvinar
    eget sed mauris. Vivamus et nisl ut eros tristique congue et et
    lectus.</p

The magic doesn't stop there (otherwise that would have been easy to create work around)... If you then add another macro at the bottom of the rich text editor, then you get the following saved in the umbraco.config file:

<?UMBRACO_MACRO
    videourl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAt1UIy__HQ&amp;feature=channel_video_title"
    macroAlias="InsertVideo" />

<p>Maecenas tincidunt metus eget eros vestibulum dapibus. Cum
    sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
    ridiculus mus. Proin in quam elementum sem consectetur pulvinar
    eget sed mauris. Vivamus et nisl ut eros tristique congue et et
    lectus.</p>

<?UMBRACO_MACRO source="Lorem ipsum" quote="Maecenas
    tincidunt metus eget eros vestibulum dapibus."
    macroAlias="PullQuote

Now i'm missing the closing parts for the macro (i.e. " /> is missing).

When I check the HTML in the tinymce view panel everything looks fine but when I try to save and/or publish the above happens in the umbraco.config file.

Not sure if this a tinymce bug or if there is something happening when i try to publish the content that might be a bit buggy.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or has a similar problem in Umbraco 4.7?

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 08:28
    Stephen

Might have an idea. Will check today.

Mar 28, 2011 @ 15:58
    Stephen

Checked. We do have encoutered bugs w/ tinymce and macros. Have an (unpublished) patch, will try to publish it soon enough.

• Hamish 96 posts 154 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 04:56
    Hamish

Looks like we had an extensions looking at the rich text editor (RTE) on save and removing paragraph tags from around macros. (didn't know that was in place)

But after removing this we did have a break line problem,  where if you had a macro inserted into the RTE, two <br/> were being inserted at the end of the RTE after saving...

Oct 11, 2011 @ 13:53
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft