Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:03
    Jay Dobson

Dashboard User Control Not Posting Back

Hi All,

I'm using Umbraco 4.6.1 and I have a user control in my dashboard with a simple button that is attached to an event.  All the event does for now is a response.write.  This isn't causing a postback though.

Form Code:
    <asp:Button ID="cmdTemp" OnClick="cmdTemp_Click" runat="server" Text="Click me" />

Event Code:
    protected void cmdTemp_Click(object s, EventArgs e)
    {
    Response.Write("Here");
    }

I get an error if I compile and try to run without the cmdTemp_Click event existing, but when it is there and compiled nothing fires.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:32
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jay,

There's a known bug where the new Change Password dashboard control prevents other controls from posting back, you should be able to remove it for a workaround.  See:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/18795-Custom-dashboard-item-not-respecting-onclick?p=0
    http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30044  (vote it up if it's your issue:) )

-Tom

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 19:10
    Jay Dobson

Hey Tom,

That was it. :)  Thanks.

I do have one more question though.  I want to programmatically go between tabs.  I noticed that the URL /umbraco/dashboard.aspx?app=content will load the content area, but is there something I can append to the URL to get it to load a specific tab?

Thanks,

Jay

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 19:12
    Tom Fulton

Unfortunately there's no built-in way to do that, howerver there is a client-side API for tabs although it's a little tricky.  You might be able to pick up some tidbits from this thread though.

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft