Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pikkenix 17 posts 37 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 15:42
    pikkenix

Get to the bottom with Memory usage?

I have read everything I can find about memory-usage in Umbraco (currently using different versions of Umbraco but are facing the same problems with (in my opinion, and what it seems other ppl's opinion aswell) huge memory usage).

After reading I have done the following (might help someone) to minimize memory usage:
    -disabled the XML-cache
    -disabled debugging in web.config
    -optimized caching for my macros

I have one "bigger" site with about 200 nodes - this site consumes about 300MB memory.
    I recently (this weekend) added en new site - with 5 nodes it consumes about 60MB memory (this site not using any macros - so the site should be an umbracosite "out of the box" so to speak).

What I want to do is
    -to get a hang of what exactly are put into memory (guess thats the same as asking what is cached?)?
    -when I'm browsing the site with 200 nodes, if I'm looking in the taskmanager the w3p.exe-process for this site grows with about 1-2MB for each page I load - page+images should be about 500KB, so even if it is caching everything on the page it shouldn't take up as much memory.
    -I also want to know if my sites consumes abnormally much memory, so can ppl please post how many nodes and other relevant information (exsessive use of macros and so on) and how much memory your site is consuming

More ppl seems to be struggling with memory usage, and have been since a long time. Can someone please explain why Umbraco consumes so much memory?

Best regards
    Daniel

• Mentor Digital 19 posts 135 karma points
    May 19, 2011 @ 18:17
    Mentor Digital

Does anyone know any more about this?

We are currently having the same issues and are struggling to find out why so much memory is being used.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft