Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• econworm 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 02:59
    econworm

hosting Umbraco on Godaddy fails

We are working on a website based on Umbraco and then upload it to Godaddy via FTP.

This website works well locally, but it desn't work on Godaddy. Is there anyone know how to figure it out?

1. Is there any particular setting for Godaddy?

2. Can we host Godaddy via WebMatrix?

Thanks

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 09:42
    Daniel Bardi

in the web.config, set umbracoUseMediumTrust to true in <appSettings> section

Let me know what happens.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 09:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Econworm

If the above does not solve it try looking at these suggestion from Julius here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/17856-Umbraco-on-GoDaddy-Shared-Hosting?p=0#comment67166

I have never installed Umbraco on GoDaddy myself but I have seen many post about this topic the last year and it seems that it can sometimes be a tough challenge.

/Jan

• Laurent Lequenne 122 posts 247 karma points
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 17:07
    Laurent Lequenne

I'm just trying also...

Using SQLCE ! No way ... so I exported to SQL Server, and I'm stuck again. I can login, it shows up the manager, but all my content trees are empty!

Locally with a connection to the GoDaddy Database, it works, so my data migration is OK.

> in the web.config, set umbracoUseMediumTrust to true in <appSettings> 

Done but it doesn't help

<

trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*"/>
    <identity impersonate="true"/> 

Doesn't help either

• Dibar 92 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 18:34
    Dibar

Empty trees indicate file security settings problems. On the remote deployment, can you adjust the permissions of the folders & contents? You will need to relex permissions on them or get a GoDaddy! rep to help you.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

I looked into their hosting a few weeks ago, and noted umbraco was not among the many apps they make available.

• econworm 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 25, 2011 @ 03:34
    econworm

Hi, guys. Thanks all of you so much. I tried all the suggestions. It doesn't work. Finally, I gave up. I uploaded it to Discountasp. Everything works now. Whatever, Thanks your guys again.

• Sergio Nunes 15 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 27, 2011 @ 19:07
    Sergio Nunes

Guys,

I've done a fresh Umbraco installation (4.7.1) at goddady.com with all the "medium trust" features turned on, but still not getting it to work. I actually can see the backend opening but looks like no css had been applied. When I went deep, I’ve got this error:

Access to the path 'D:\hosting\2060382\html\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency\P3NW8SHG123-fb76eb97bad9988fcbb175781bc08d5f-map.xml' is denied.

Any suggestion?

Sergio Nunes

Sep 29, 2011 @ 15:36
    Sergio Nunes

I got it!

I had to set permission folder by folder at godaddy.com (FTP permission). My site runs, but I'm facing another problem, I cannot create, save or parse any xslt, I get this error below:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) +390
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) +124
       umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() +885
       umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__4() +5
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +132
       umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() +214
       umbraco.macro.AddXsltExtensionsToHeader(String xslt) +130
       umbraco.XsltTasks.Save() +410
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +384
       umbraco.presentation.create.xslt.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +173
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Sep 30, 2011 @ 03:42
    Sergio Nunes

I got it!

Paul Sterling gave a clue. I just delete those assemblies files (SqlCE) and everything runs smoothly now.

Sergio Nunes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft