Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 11 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 18:34
    Jason

Server Error in '/' Application

Dear Our Umbro,

Sorry folks I'm a newbie to Umbraco and I'm struggling to get it working on a remote server. So please type slowly ;0)

Recently uploaded an Umbraco CMS website I'd built locally.

Had some trouble with the server but eventually got the website up. www.maisonmima.co.uk. after upgrading to .NET 4.

Problem now is that I can't log in to the CMS.

Any advice, hugely appreciated.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The WebResource.axd handler must be registered in the configuration to process this request.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <httpHandlers>
               <add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="True" />
           </httpHandlers>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The WebResource.axd handler must be registered in the configuration to process this request.

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <httpHandlers>
               <add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="True" />
           </httpHandlers>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The WebResource.axd handler must be registered in the configuration to process this request.

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <httpHandlers>
    </httpHandlers>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>]
    System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.GetWebResourceUrlInternal(Assembly assembly, String resourceName, Boolean htmlEncoded, Boolean forSubstitution, IScriptManager scriptManager) +2492029
    System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.GetWebResourceUrl(Type type, String resourceName, Boolean htmlEncoded, IScriptManager scriptManager) +722
    System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.GetWebResourceUrl(Page owner, Type type, String resourceName, Boolean htmlEncoded, IScriptManager scriptManager) +167
    System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.RenderWebFormsScript(HtmlTextWriter writer) +158
    System.Web.UI.Page.RenderWebFormsScript(HtmlTextWriter writer) +58
    System.Web.UI.Page.BeginFormRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, String formUniqueID) +8910479
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +57
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +31
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53
    umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +49
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +8863183
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
    ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +115
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +109
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3060
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 18:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

How did you deploy your local site? Did you copy the files using FTP or did you use webmatrix or something like that?

Could you please describe the steps you took for getting it from your local machine to the server?

/Jan

• Jason 11 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 18:50
    Jason

Thanks for replying Jan. I managed to get it working by adding

<add name="WebResource" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader"/>
    This bit of code recommended by my web host.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 18:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

Good to hear that. And thanks for sharing the solution :-)

Happy umbraco'ing.

/Jan

• Carlos Luis Lachapelle Rivera 4 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 31, 2019 @ 16:18
    Carlos Luis Lachapelle Rivera

Hey good for everyone, who is of interest I am installing umbraco 8 in azure and I ran it and I get this error ...enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft