Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sharmin Jose 13 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 27, 2011 @ 16:48
    Sharmin Jose

Upgrade 4.5.2 to 4.7

Hi,

My organization wants to upgrade to 4.7 from 4.5.2. I do not see much about anybody saying any issues with 4.7 so far. I know that the 4.7 release was made a few weeks before. Has any one upgraded to 4.7 recently and having issues with it? I see a lot many files/folders have been deprecated, new files/folders are added/replaced in the 4.7 when I took a folder difference.

~Sharmin

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 27, 2011 @ 23:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sharmin

Connide provides some usefull tips in this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/19120-upgrade-to-47-from-452

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 28, 2011 @ 15:38
    Sharmin Jose

Hi Jan,

I apologize for not making my question clear.

My organization has 4.5.2 installed and I was told that "when assigning role-based protection to a content page in a load-balanced environment, this only gets published to the first server and not the second server". I did not find any documents which talk about this. Saw a few forum discussions about it, but they are not replied.

~Sharmin

May 04, 2011 @ 17:21
    Sharmin Jose

I could find the changelog document and it talks about an issue fixed which runs an infinite loop when media is changed. Probably that answered my question.

~Sharmin

May 05, 2011 @ 15:44
    Sharmin Jose

Changelog.docx does not talk about the role based protection on load balancing servers defect is fixed. So not really sure whether this issue is fixed.

Could anyone confirm on this?

~Sharmin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft