Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Holmesby 61 posts 82 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 01:30
    Sean Holmesby

Items duplicated in Navigation

Hi there,

I've got a funky little problem where I had an old, top-level page called 'Sponsors', but then created a new Document Type, deleted the old Sponsors page, then created a new Sponsors page with my new document type.

This seems to have thrown Umbraco in disarray, because now my navigation shows two Sponsors items, both of which link to /sponsors.aspx.

I'm fairly new to Umbraco, so I'm not sure what's going on. I also have sub-pages of the Sponsors page that are being duplicated. There are 3 sub-pages (Major Sponsors, Gold Sponsors, and Silver Sponsors), and the first Sponsors nav item has all three sub-items, however the second 'Sponsors' nav item just has Gold Sponsors and Silver Sponsors.

I've tried recycling the App Pool, clearing the cache and publishing all of the items again.... And even tried 'publishing' the old Sponsors node in the Recycle Bin, but it didn't fix the issue.

Any idea how to fix this? Where does Umbraco store the site information for all of the nodes in my project?

Cheers,

Sean

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 01:37
    Rich Green

Hi Sean,

The nodes are 'stored' in the SQL database, however this sounds like a cach/publishing issue.

The data that the website reads from is held in a file called umbraco.config, this should be in your App_Data directory (if not do a search for it).

Delete this file and it will be recreated, this might solve your problem.

FYI the Umbraco.config is just an xml file so you can open it up and see the 'data' your website is reading from.

Rich.

May 03, 2011 @ 03:10
    Sean Holmesby

Hi Rich, thanks for that. I saw that config file there and was wondering what the effect would be if I edited/deleted it.
    I'll give it a go later tonight and see if it works.

I had another issue with the navigation where even after reordering the items, the nav stayed the same.

I'm guessing this could be a similar issue to the one above?

May 30, 2011 @ 06:44
    Sean Holmesby

It was a similar issue.... but I found the reasoning to the answer here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/20430-Why-do-I-have-to-keep-publishing-entire-site

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft