Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 20:47
    radmanmm

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '28' just started happening

Hello All,

A problem just started happening, I was using umbraco without issue and then for no decernable reason the content screen started giving the following error:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '28'  Key being added: '28'

I have verified no templates have the same name and was not even working in content or anywhere else, how do I resolve this?

Thanks.

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 20:50
    radmanmm

nevermind now it works, didn't do anything, very strange.

• Arnold Visser 418 posts 778 karma points hq c-trib
    May 27, 2011 @ 08:54
    Arnold Visser

Got exactly the same issue (same key!) when adding parameters to a macro. Resetting the app pool fixed the issue.

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 22:53
    Ian Smedley

Same error message, after adding some cache timings to a macro, as Arnold said, recylcing the app pool fixes the issue.

Is there a codeplex item, I'm on 4.7.0

• John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Aug 24, 2011 @ 12:44
    John

Hello, maybe this is a redundant statement, but I had the same issue just now. Recycling the app pool worked for me too.

Not sure what caused it, was just adding nodes normally. Strange.

I'm on 4.6.2 

• Scott Drummond 9 posts 35 karma points
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 13:22
    Scott Drummond

Just keeping the thread alive... It has happend to us too - we were just editing Nodes.

Recycling the app pool worked for us too.

We are using 4.7.1.1

• Jenni Marsh 26 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 14:44
    Jenni Marsh
    We keep getting this error. Touching the web.config every time is not a viable solution with an angry client on your back!

Does anyone know the cause of this? It appears to happen at the same place - I always get key 28 being returned too. What is key 28, which piece of data does it relate to and can I manipulate anything in the database to stop this happening?

Thanks!
    Jenni

Running 4.6.2.
  • John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:17
    John

I don't know the cause. I just thought I'd say that for me,it has not happened again since recycling the app pool. Probably not the answer you are looking for though :)

Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:40
    Jenni Marsh

Not really. It happened twice yesterday, so I guess our issue has already showed signs of reoccurance.

I think key 28 is the id of first piece of content that is not a core part of Umbraco. In other words, if you removed 28, the next error would probably be on 29. :-(

Jenni

• psiho 101 posts 96 karma points
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 15:09
    psiho

Same issue here... anybody resolved it?

Apr 18, 2012 @ 15:17
    Jenni Marsh

Afraid not. The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that it happened a lot during a busy period of content population, where lots of people were logging into the site at the same time. Since all the content's gone in and they are only making small tweaks here and there we have had no further reports of it.

• Richard Han 19 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 08:43
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft