Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Valcourt 70 posts 103 karma points
    May 11, 2011 @ 21:53
    Robert Valcourt

Controlling public uploads - how?

We are using doc2form on a 4.0.2.1 site and our client has asked us to build a form where the public can submit certain types of files. Normally I would not entertain such a request with doc2form and the generic upload datatype as they offer no control over the size and filetype of the media being uploaded. That said, are there any upload datatypes out there where I can specify a maximum file size AND control the type of files allowed? Basically I only want the upload to be a maximum size of 200K and the file types to be GIF, JPEG or ZIP. If these conditions are not met, the entire submit would fail with a message.

On a successful submission, the data would be saved as a content tree node and would fire off an email to the administrator letting them know a submission was made. Doc2form is good for this purpose but how about the upload field control? Ideas?

If at all possible I would NOT use the generic upload datatype as anyone might submit a file too large or even a malicous file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft