Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 10 posts 30 karma points
    May 14, 2011 @ 08:38
    Alex

Implementing Multi Index Search in 4.7.0

Hi

I have implemented the standard umbraco examine search for 4.6  by following the online tutorial however i noticed that 4.7.0 has introduced a multi index searcher which i can see the examine code. 

Where i am stuck is trying to use this searcher (pretty sure im missing something obvious!)

I tried changing my examinesettings config as follows

<add name="ContentSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
                 analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcards="true"  indexSets="ContentIndexSet,PDFIndexSet"/>

and  do the search with

var criteria = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["ContentSearcher"].CreateSearchCriteria();

var filter = criteria.GroupedOr(new string[] { "nodeName", "title", "bodyText", "FileTextContent" }, key)

.Compile();

ISearchResults  rslts = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["ContentSearcher"].Search(filter);

It doesnt fail to run but i only seem to be getting the ContentIndexSet results  - from abit of poking around i think its calling the LuceneSearcher not MultiIndexSearcher in the examine code

Where am i going wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help

Alex

• Alex 10 posts 30 karma points
    May 17, 2011 @ 08:49
    Alex

Hi

Sorry , would really appreciate some feedback on this

Regards

Alex

• Dana Visescu 3 posts 24 karma points
    May 18, 2011 @ 08:23
    Dana Visescu

Hey Alex,

try

<add name="ContentSearcher" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.MultiIndexSearcher, MultiIndexSearcher"
                 analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcards="true"  indexSets="ContentIndexSet,PDFIndexSet"/>

BTW, searching for the title of your post in our.umbraco.org  doesn't return any results...

• Dana Visescu 3 posts 24 karma points
    May 19, 2011 @ 01:25
    Dana Visescu

if that doesn't work you can try to create a class derived from MultiIndexSearcher in the UmbracoExamone solution, similar to the UmbracoExamineSearcher class

• Tajamal 87 posts 175 karma points
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 08:58
    Tajamal

Please, can you be clear on what to add to ExamineSettings.config and ExamineIndex.config files.

You could also just combine to results in a list and return the result, have not tried but I think it will work?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft