Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    May 19, 2011 @ 09:24
    Sam

Installing blog4umbraco in v4.7

Hi everyone,

I can't figure out what's wrong with this install. Maybe I am missing a required file? Can anyone point me in the right direction of what this error means, would be a good start I think. I really feel that umbraco is let down with its lack of a blog. It seems to have everything but a blog!? At the moment I am using wordpress in a subdomain but that means no integration, a new database and totally separate layout. Kind of pointless as I have all the templates for my site set up already. I have made wordpress to look like the rest of my site and it works well but I would much prefer to log in once to umbraco and handle everything in one place. Here is the error I receive:

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco
    .cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +323
       umbraco
    .cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +319
       umbraco
    .cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +198
       umbraco
    .cms.businesslogic.web.Document.MakeNew(String Name, DocumentType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) +377
       umbraco
    .cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) +369
       umbraco
    .cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +3679
       umbraco
    .presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +180
       umbraco
    .presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +405

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco
    .BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

My permissions are correct. Is blog4umbraco just not ready for v4.7?

Thanks if anyone can help :)

Sam.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft