Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    May 22, 2011 @ 21:40
    Sam

Gave drupal a try

Hi everyone,

This is a bit random but I decided to post my 'findings'. I gave drupal a try this weekend purely because I am wanting a blog on my site and umbraco seems to have a serious gap in that department... plus I wanted to try something different.

However, drupal seems HUGELY complicated and unnatural (no tree view), compared to umbraco. You have to create themes (?!) in which you end up with about 10 css files for your website, these themes are 'sub themes' of base themes which leaves me with a confused look on my face. This on top of a dashboard that would make Einstein start to sweat in fear!

Drupal has left me with a bad headache. Has anyone else got any stories of using that CMS? I have read the article 'why umbraco rocks' and I have been very pleased with it so far.

I do have a better solution though, has anyone got a blog that works in umbraco?? :)

Sam.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 23, 2011 @ 09:24
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Sam,

I have seen some Drupal demo;s and found it complex also. And what I think is even worse is its license GPL. Which means you acn only build GPL add-ons. Just my personal opinion.

I've seen several blogs running on Umbraco, don't know which ones from the top of my head but  you could check out http://thecogworks.co.uk/blog

Might be a few tweaks that you need to do, but it's possible..

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft