Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 22:28
    karen

web.config sections

It looks like my web host made some changes to my web.config, as the version that is currently on my site is not the same as I put there..  I am wondering what they did and why.  I asked them, but they take forever to answer sometimes.

I am wondering what these sections do.

They removed this section:

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">
    <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" />
    <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory" />
    <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" />
    <remove name="ScriptResource" />
    <remove name="Channels" />
    <remove name="Channels_Word" />
    <remove name="ClientDependency" />
    <remove name="SpellChecker" />
    <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <add verb="*" name="Channels" preCondition="integratedMode" path="umbraco/channels.aspx" type="umbraco.presentation.channels.api, umbraco" />
    <add verb="*" name="Channels_Word" preCondition="integratedMode" path="umbraco/channels/word.aspx" type="umbraco.presentation.channels.wordApi, umbraco" />
    <add verb="*" name="ClientDependency" preCondition="integratedMode" path="DependencyHandler.axd" type="ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeDependencyHandler, ClientDependency.Core " />
    <add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" preCondition="integratedMode" name="SpellChecker" path="GoogleSpellChecker.ashx" type="umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker,umbraco" />
    </handlers>

and added this section (I XXX out the username password, not sure what it is but since it is under security I thought maybe better to not share it!)

<security>
    <authentication>
    <anonymousAuthentication userName="XXXXXXX" password="[enc:AesProvider:XXXXXXXXXXXXX:enc]" />
    </authentication>
    </security>

Thanks!

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 23:19
    Daniel Bardi

What hosting provider?

Put the handlers back and tell them to stay out of your account!  ..Most of the handlers are required (i.e. script and client dependancy)

May 26, 2011 @ 23:24
    karen

Hi, Thanks,

I did put it back, but wondering what and why they might have changed it? 

May 26, 2011 @ 23:25
    karen

ps it is http://www.seekdotnet.com/, one of the few places I could find to host Umbraco.   For the most part, I have not had any problems (a few, but far less then I have had at other hosts!)

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 23:28
    Daniel Bardi

Not sure why they would find issue with the handlers... might have been a glitch on their side... if you put the section back and everythings okay, I wouldn't worry to much.

I use www.arvixe.com and love it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft