Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Dyson 54 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 17:40
    Kris Dyson

Umbraco v4.7 - Rich Text Editor; CSS style toggle

Hi there, I'm finding that when I define styles for the Rich Text Editor and use those styles within the editor, I cannot toggle the style that I have applied on and off. So if I define a style called "SubHeading", then in the editor apply the style, by selecting the text and selecting the style from the drop down... I cannot then subsequently unapply that style without going into the HTML editor and manually removing the css class name reference from the class attribute. My client isn't really happy about having to go into HTML, so does anyone have any advice?

many thanks for your time

Kris

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 18:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kris

You should be able to remove the style by marking the SubHeding and then go to the styles dropdown again and then just select "Styles". Then the styling is removed.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 18:21
    Tom Fulton

I noticed this same problem recently.  Clicking back on "Styles" does not seem to work for me.

What I've been doing to workaround this is enabling the "Remove formatting" toolbar button (disabled by default), and instructing clients to select their text and click that button - which seems to do the trick.

You can enable the button under Developer -> Data Types -> Richtext Editor (or your custom RTE datatype), and select the second icon down that looks like a paintbrush.  Note the icon in the prevalue editor and the actual toolbar are mismatched, but I believe this has been fixed in the latest changeset.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 18:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Hmm, that's odd I just checked on a v4.7 install with the CWS package installed. Worked like a charm...

However I think your solution is better since it really does not make sense for an end user to have to go to "Styles" to remove the formatting.

/Jan

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 18:46
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jan,

On second thought - clicking Styles again seems to work for Heading (h1 etc) styles, but not styles that are just class names.  For instance we have one called "Blue Text" that is defined as .blue with a color style applied, and that one can't be unselected without the remove formatting button.

-Tom

• Kris Dyson 54 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 11:32
    Kris Dyson

thanks for the advice! I have added the "Remove formatting" buttin which does the job nicely.

k

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Aug 23, 2012 @ 22:54
    William Burnett

This is still a bug...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft