Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 16:48
    lucuma

Firefox 4.X Memory Issue when loading Settings Tab

umbraco v 4.7.0.RC

When I load the settings tab in the latest production version of FF (4.0.1) memory usage spikes past 2GB. It generally happens when clicking on any of the sub sections and is pretty bad on the CSS.  I reguulary see 1.5GB and have seen up to 2.4GB.  I thought this was due to some plugins so I disabled all of them by starting firefox in safemode and the issue still happens (http://screencast.com/t/GoqDUPkPnVTx).  I have 4GB so when it crashes it is probably taking up more than 2.5 GB of ram.    I understand that one could state it is a firefox problem however that doesn't really help clients who use Firefox which is a pretty standard browser.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc besides use Chrome or IE?

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 16:54
    lucuma

I'd be interested to see if others can duplicate this.  Open task manager and look at firefox while opening settings and click on css or other categories and see if your ram spikes.

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 12:03
    Antony Briggs

Hi,

I am also am running Umbraco 4.7 and have tried both FF3.6 and FF5.

The Memory usage (in task mananger) increases on a second by second basis, so I don't think its related to the 10 second keep alive problem from previous versions.

My Firefox.exe process has consumed 1.2GB of ram as I speak (after about 2 hours of working in Umbraco) and FF is now pretty unusable.

FF5 is much better than 3.6 was, (3.6 would reach 2GB within 30 mins of working in Umbraco 4.7).

TTFN

Ant

• Michael Worrall 57 posts 82 karma points
    Jul 25, 2012 @ 17:35
    Michael Worrall

Did anyone ever figure out why this happens?  I'm getting really fed up with firefox using up 1.5Gb of RAM on my crappy computer...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft