Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mindfire Solutions 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:44
    Mindfire Solutions

I am very new to Umbraco just wanted to know what all are the service umbraco CMS provides

Hello Everybody

I am very new to Umbraco just wanted to know what all are the service umbraco CMS provides like one is Module development.
    In an elaborate way, what all are the business can generated through Umbraco CMS.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Debendra Nandi

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:49
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Debendra,

umbraco is quite flexible and can be used in almost any scenario, from simple websites to large-scale ecommerce websites, but always remember that umbraco is in the first place a cms system. Extending the system is quite easy if you're into coding as well.

Do you have anything in mind in particular. Any use cases?

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Trevor Loader 199 posts 256 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 10:03
    Trevor Loader

If you want to see what services (plugins/packages) are available you can view many of them on the "projects" page of this website.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects

Jun 23, 2011 @ 10:56
    Mindfire Solutions
    Hello Dirk and Trevor,

Thank you for your replay.

I am quit sure about Umbraco CMS that it is very robust and extensive in his nature.
    Now I am looking all area this product servers so that I can build expertise and grooming with business.

Like DotNetNuke servers, Module development, 3rd part software integration, Skinning  and all.

Thank you once again for helping me and looking forward to your answer.

Regards,

Debendra Nandi
    Mindfire Solutions, India
  • Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 11:14
    Rich Green

Hey Debendra,

Umbraco is not a 'plug and play' solution but rather a CMS framework which you can build upon.

Whilst the Projects page http://our.umbraco.org/projects will show you the types of funtionality you can 'plug in' every content managed website is different and Umbraco is build to cater for this so you don't end up with a website that will not 'fit into Umbraco'.

Skinning is working within Umbraco but is quite new, it's nowhere near where WordPress etc skinning is, but then again many would argue that this is not what Umbraco is really for.

Regards

Rich

Jun 23, 2011 @ 12:17
    Mindfire Solutions

Thank you Rich..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft