Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tmeireles 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 14:54
    tmeireles

Many umbraco Sites sharing same db in azure

Hi guys,
    Iam new with umbraco and windows azure.
    I have successfully instaled two umbraco sites in there with (WAZUmbracoAccelerator.exe), but seems that i cant use the same db for both.
    So my question is, i need to have 2 sql azures dbs (umbDBsitex, umbSessionStateSitex) for each umbraco site?

• tmeireles 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 19:19
    tmeireles

This is difficult question for no one answers?

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 19:46
    Steen Tøttrup

I don't think a lot of people have experience running Umbraco on an Azure database.

Normally umbraco only needs one database per site to run. Without ever having tried running an Umbraco site on an Azure database, I would say that the umbSessionState database you're referring to not be for Umbraco's sake, but more likely to keep the ASP.NET session state. This should only be required if you spread your web site over several web servers. If your web site is only running in a single instance on a single web server, the session state can be store in memory.

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 13:47
    Cavan Arrowsmith

Hi tmeireles,

I have deployed an Umbraco site on to Azure using the accelerator. In my SQL Azure portal, I have a list of DBs. One DB is my Umbraco DB and the other the SessionState DB - this is only temporary and I explain it as a temporary storage area, acting as a memory buffer. The SessionState DB feeds in to the Umbraco DB.

You are not charged for the SessionState DB in Azure, only the actual Umbraco DB.

In the Umbraco web.config, you will see a reference to the Umbraco DB and SessionState DB, you must have the SessionState DB in place otherwise Umbraco will not function correctly.

Regards,

Cavan

• Jon Boyer 37 posts 59 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 06:15
    Jon Boyer

Don't forget:  Azure DBs can have a maximum size of 50GB.  This may well be adequate for your needs, but don't forget it....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft