Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nic Wise 51 posts 85 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 17:53
    Nic Wise

User Permissions - read only here, read/write there etc

Hi there

I have a semi-specific Umbraco user problem. BTW, this is admin users (editors etc), not public users (members).

I have nodes like this:

Content
      SITE NAME
        NODE A
          NODE B
            NODE C
            NODE D
      META
        TAGS
          Tag A
          Tag B

I have a user who has access to the tree from NODE B down (this works fine). However, I can't:

1. Stop them editing NODE C (and sub nodes), but allowing them to see the content in there (ie, no save button please). I've tried "edit in canvas" and not "update", but it doesn't allow it. Any ideas how to do this?

2.  In NODE D, I have a uComponents MultiValuePicker. It picks from \META\TAGS\*. In this restricted user, I can _see_ the selected nodes (if someone else picked them), but I can't see the tree - I just get "You do not have permission for this media tree". Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'd love to have fine granular control over a field - or tab - a user can see or edit, but I think thats not in the product, let alone just hard to expose.

Any ideas would be great. Especially ones which don't require rewriting the security stuff in Umbraco!

I'm on 4.7.0 if it helps.

thanks!

• Nic Wise 51 posts 85 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 17:58
    Nic Wise

And doing a bit more investigation:

If I change the "User permissions" for the node to not have "Send to publish" for a given node, they can still. It doesn't effect it at all. If I turn off "update", they can't SEE the node at all.

Very odd.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft