Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ossie 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 18:49
    ossie

Distributed calls and publishing content

Hi

We've recently published our first Umbraco site running under IIS 7.5 in a 6 server farm. Initially we looked at courier as a way of publishing content, however the results were a little hit and miss so we're planning to switch to the distributed calls in umbraco to ensure content is replicated.

We're setting up the environment almost exactly as described in the tutorial with the exception of the database which is in our hosted environment - so admin is all carried out against the live database but behind the company firewall, the web servers are set up under the distributed calls section of the UmbracoSettings config file.

As I understand it from the videos & documentation these calls only manage the cached xml file, images and so on are not replicated across the servers so my question really is what tools are others using to keep media content synched across environments? My google skills seem to be letting me down a little as the best I can come up with is a "manual" synch using Beyond Compare - the ideal would be some kind of file system watcher service that is continually monitoring the media directory and copying across any new content (1 way from admin to the web servers)

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft