Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Moye 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 20:29
    Steven Moye

Error on publishing pages with subpages

(This post was moved from out of the Bugs section of the our.umbraco.org forum - If this is still not in the right place, a heads up would be appreciated)

I'm using
     umbraco v 4.7.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4090.21631) and after creating a few pages in a newly installed instance of umbraco - not using any start-up kits - I've started seeing errors after I clicked save/publish on particular pages. However, when I reload the content from that same node, everything works perfectly. The error I'm getting is not causing anything not to function correctly, but I want to prevent it from happening before it gets into the clients hands.

Specifically, the error message is as the attached image shows:

Thus far, I haven't figured out the exact source of the problem, because it seems to only happen when I add subpages of a particular doctype (one called "root" in my system), but it doesn't ALWAYS happen when I add a subpage using that doctype. Has anyone else encountered anything like this bug? or any ideas what might be causing it or how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance.

• Steven Moye 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 22:01
    Steven Moye

So, after further study, I still haven't figured out why exactly it's happening, but it seems that when I add pages using my root docType (which is the master of the other docTypes) underneath other pages that are based on children of that doctype, this is where the error occurs. For now, I've chosen to create another doctype that mimics what I used the root docType for and based new pages off of that. I'm not getting the error anymore, but I've never had a problem like this before and can't imagine this being an intended behaviour.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft