Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 16:48
    Iain Martin

$.ajax Callback to .aspx page

I am currently doing a site where I have a couple of bits and pieces that need to work on a postback, and I thought I might do them as Ajax posts to an aspx page - something I have done many times in PHP (horror!) and ASP.NET. I created my aspx page in usercontrols with all the necessary code behind to do the stuff it needs.

However, when I do the post from the front end, I get a 404 error that the page can't be found - I can't even browse directly to the page in the folder - again I get a 404 error. The only way I could get this to work was to create a document in Umbraco and publish it. This is not exactly ideal as I don't particuarly want an end user to delete or unpublish this page.

Does anyone have any ideas how best to implement this - I don't particulary want to go down the line of ScriptManager (if this is appropriate) things as that seems a bit of overkill for what is basically a simple process.

Regards

Iain

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 17:09
    Tom Fulton

So you can't even browse directly to your physical aspx page?

You should be able to fix this by telling Umbraco's URL parser to ignore it, add it to the web.config setting umbracoReservedUrls

-Tom

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 17:27
    Iain Martin

Nice one Tom, that worked a treat. Must remember that in future if there is anything else that I might want to do like this in future.

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    Jul 22, 2011 @ 19:29
    Angel

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I have updated my web.config to update the umbracoReservedUrls tag yet I cannot even browse directly to my physical page.

I have even tried to browse to ~/install/default.aspx (this was already part of the umbracoReservedUrls tag) and I seem to still get the 404-File or directory not found error.

I do this by going to the URL

http://localhost:8002/install/default.aspx

Am i missing something?

thanks.

• Ciaran McCusker 54 posts 93 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 16:03
    Ciaran McCusker

Hi,

I am new to Umbraco, but I am having the same issue and I cannot browse to any .aspx file.

I can however browse to .asp or .html files even if they have not been added to the umbracoReservedUrls in the web config.

I have even tried to browse for the file but no luck, it also removes the  ".aspx" for files in the umbracoReservedUrls

This is my details:

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx" />
    <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/esl,~/help,~/pdf,~/ftcheck,~/fluencytutordemo,~/videotours,~/webfiles,~/ctg,~/techlearning,~/district" />

Even if I try to browse to the standard umbracoReservedUrls I get an error message?

ERROR MESSAGE - 

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://www.texthelp.com/config/splashes/noNodes'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/* [@urlName = "config"]/* [@urlName = "splashes"]/* [@urlName = "nonodes"]')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element.

For more information, visit information about custom 404 on the umbraco website.

Any ideas on how I can fix??????

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft