Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernando Camillo 41 posts 82 karma points
    Jul 21, 2011 @ 20:42
    Fernando Camillo

Sometimes node icon doesn't change after publishing

Hi.

Sometimes, immediately after publishing a page, the tree node still showing de yellow dot indicating pending changes. I think it's a very small bug, but my client is annoying me to fix it. Is there a workaround for this?

I've tried to handle the "Document.AfterPublish" in the API by checking if has pending changes, and republish it if necessary. It works, but doesn't refresh the node icon in the tree.

Thanks again.

Fernando
    Umbraco 4.5.2 for .NET 3.5, with MySQL
    Windows Server 2003, 64 bit, IIS 6

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 13, 2012 @ 09:46
    Hendy Racher

Hi Fernando,

Did you ever find the cause of this ? (having a similar issue with a top level node on a 4.9 site)

Cheers,

Hendy

• MaddMan 3 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 13, 2012 @ 17:30
    MaddMan

I am having same issue with 4.9.  Thought it was IE9 only, but now doing in Chrome, so ultimately intermittent, but cannot determine cause.

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 13, 2012 @ 17:33
    Hendy Racher

Hi,

The issue I has was caching in Chrome - Doh! perhaps it's the same for you ?

Sep 13, 2012 @ 17:59
    MaddMan

Hi, thanks for quick reply.  I tried clearing cache (site files, cookies, etc.) both in IE and Chrome.  No impact.  I have republished entire site from root, refreshed nodes, etc.  Can't seem to correct the issue.  The content itself does change state.  Do you happen to know where in SQL DB or cms site files I would find the "published" flag so I might determine whether it is actually being written or a cache issue?  Thanks for any help,

TM

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 13, 2012 @ 18:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi MaddMan

I'm afraid this is a bug, which has been reported for 4.8.1 on the issue-tracker but does not seem to have been fixed for 4.9 yet. I'm hoping for a patch release since this issue is really annoying and confusing indeed.

Don't know if there is a weird workaround at the moment though.

/Jan

Sep 13, 2012 @ 18:10
    MaddMan

Hi Jan,

I'm quite new to Umbraco and I must say the responsiveness of the group is outstanding.  I'll try to search more thoroughly in the future as I saw your update on the bug submission.

Loving Umbraco though.

Regards

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 13, 2012 @ 20:14
    Jan Skovgaard

It's like a big family trying to help each other out :)

Happy to hear you are having a good time with Umbraco and please feel free to report potential bugs and vote up those that have already been reported by others that also affect your daily work.

And don't hesitate to ask questions or let the world know if something is bugging you - Welcome aboard :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft