Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arvind 18 posts 38 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 13:28
    arvind

F:\sitesroot\0\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied. when want to save any page on fresh deployed umbraco 4.7.0 on windows azure

Hi,

I have deployed an application package of umbraco 4.7.0 and connected it with sql database on windows azure, It is well working on client side with already existing data but when we go throuhg Admin section of umbraco and try to save any content of any page overall i get this type of error on page

"F:\sitesroot\0\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied."

what is the main cause for showing this and it we overcome from this type of error on cloud.

waiting for most valuable answers

Thanks in advance

Arvind

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 13:13
    Cavan Arrowsmith

Hi Arvind,

Did you use the Umbraco Azure Accelerator to deploy? If not, please ignore this post!

I don't think the website is supposed to be in F:\sitesroot\0\... as any files located in this folder will disappear when the Azure webrole is re-imaged by yourself or Microsoft (occurs every couple of weeks)

The deployment should, automatically, go in to C:\Resources\Directory\longrandomname.webrole.sites\name-of-website - This is your Blob Storage where files will not be lost.

Any files moved from the blob folder or IIS configuration changed whilst remote desktop'ing to the Azure Webrole will also be lost when the server is re-imaged.

I think you may need to look at redeploying the Umbraco solution and only work from within Blob Storage.

Cav

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft