Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 17:42
    aaronb

Lucene crashing app pool on DFRS

We are running a 4.7.0 site on a web farm, consisting of three servers, a single database, and using DFRS to keep the umbraco file system in order.

Recently we've had issues with Lucene crashing the app pool, and bringing dowh the site with a 503 error. The only way we've found to fix it is to delete the /App_Data/ExamineIndexes folder & all of it's contents. Umbraco then recreates the folder, and the site works for a while then the same thing happens.

The first error message in the umbracolog table started with:

[UmbracoExamine] Error optimizing Lucene index,background merge hit exception:

We've been running umbraco for three years, and have never seen this issue. This is our first web farm installation.

Is it possible that the DFRS is causing the issue, and/or any ideas on how to stop this happening?

I've searched exhaustively and found one or two people having similar/the same issues, but no resolutions were posted.

Really would like to get this figured out as we can't have this site going down again.

Any information would be massively appreciated, thanks in advance. I'd be happy to get any more technical information that's needed.

• Heather Floyd 603 posts 1001 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:11
    Heather Floyd

Anyone looking for the reply to this:

https://examine.codeplex.com/discussions/270941

• Tim Woodward 16 posts 66 karma points
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 10:44
    Tim Woodward

Hi Heather, This link no longer works, has it been moved?

• Heather Floyd 603 posts 1001 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 16:25
    Heather Floyd

Hi Tim,

Hmm... That link was posed in 2011, so I think there is a good chance it has been moved. Unfortunately, it wasn't my site or project so I can't say where it has gone. Sorry.

• Tim Woodward 16 posts 66 karma points
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 16:37
    Tim Woodward

It's OK. I deleted the Lucene indexes under TEMP and that solved it. Thanks though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft