Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Sep 06, 2011 @ 08:51
    Rasmus Berntsen

Caching on Access.Config (or?)

Hey!

I'm having some troubles with the access.config and protected pages. From what I understand, everything about which pages should be protected is saved in the access.config file. I have two installions, which both refer to the same DB. A dev and a production setup. When I copy the access.config from dev to production, the protected pages doesn't get updated. If I edit the settings in Umbraco on the production setup, the access.config gets overwritten and only the new entries are added. 

It seems like there is some kind of cache on the config-file, or something like that? Isn't it suppose to work if I copy the file from one setup to another? All of the information in the access.config looks ok, it's the same Node IDs etc.

Kind regards,

Berntsen

Sep 06, 2011 @ 08:56
    Rasmus Berntsen

Can't edit for some reason. I'm running 4.7, upgraded from 4.5. And the access.config is located in App_Data.

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Sep 06, 2011 @ 15:53
    elspiko

after you deploy the access.config, do you bump the app pool? It might get loaded into memory when the app initializes which might explain why after the file is deployed it makes no difference

Sep 06, 2011 @ 16:08
    Rasmus Berntsen

Hi elspiko!

Nope, I haven't tried that. I'm working for a customer and I don't have directly access to the IIS. But why should that be necessary, when everything works fine if I edit the permissions settings in Umbraco? I thought all that happend was, that the changes were added to the access.config-file. I read that nothing were added to the DB etc. 

Thanks for your reply. :)

/Berntsen

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Sep 06, 2011 @ 16:33
    elspiko

I'm thinking about this from a .NET frame of mind rather than an Umbraco frame of mind, but it sounds like when you make a change in Umbraco, it updates the values in memory then serializes that data to the file. Which would explain why when you deploy then change the settings in Umbraco the file is overwritten.

I don't know whether this is actually whats going on, but it seems like thats whats happening...

Rich

Sep 08, 2011 @ 11:36
    Rasmus Berntsen

Yes, and thanks for your reply! I'll try to test it on my local setup and see what I'll find. Will post my findings later. :)

• Taras 30 posts 151 karma points
    Feb 06, 2014 @ 13:33
    Taras

Hi, Berntsen.

Did you find solutioin for save information not only in file, but in database too?

Thanks.

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 11:42
    Pushpendra Singh

How to raad Access.Config in my code (c#)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft