Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Distel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 18:53
    Jacob Distel

Examine issues after upgrading to Umbraco 4.7

Hello,

Our search functionality quit working after upgrading to Umbraco 4.7 from 4.5.2. We use Examine for our search. I've verified all the examine files in the config folder match. Is there something I missed during the upgrade process that might have caused this? Here is the error we receive.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

Line 24:                 <div class="desc">
    Line 25:                     <p>
    Line 26:                         <%# ((Examine.SearchResult)Container.DataItem).Fields["description"]%>
    Line 27:                     </p>
    Line 28:                 </div>
  • Jacob Distel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 23:14
    Jacob Distel

I figured this out. I had to reindex everything with the Examine Index admin tool. I had read that if you update and publish new content it reindexes everything, but that wasn't the case.

• loic ponchon 36 posts 56 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 10:54
    loic ponchon

hi jacob, i need a search block. I'm interesting to umbraco examine. but i need to index pdf and office document as well. I know this one does for pdf but dunno for office document.

could you tell me please.

regards

• loic ponchon 36 posts 56 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 11:00
    loic ponchon

up

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft