Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Sep 19, 2011 @ 11:31
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

WebResource.axd returns 404

Hi all,

I'm currently encountering a problem with Umbraco 4.7.0 running on MSSQL CE 4. Whenever I click on either of these datatypes in the Developer section:

• Approved color
    • Checkbox list
    • Dropdown multiple
    • Dropdown
    • Radiobox
    I get the following error in Google Chrome console:
    The website is build/started from WebMatrix.
    Has anyone ever had this occur before? :)
    Any help and hint is greatly appreciated!
    / Bo

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Sep 19, 2011 @ 11:37
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Bo,

Something seems a little strange here, sure you'll agree.

To pinpoint the cause of this, you'll need to find out what is trying to call the WebResource.axd - and it returning a 404.

Take a read over this article, it contains code/download to help find what is calling it: http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/posts/07-03-26/debugging_asp_net_2_0_web_resources_decrypting_the_url_and_getting_the_resource_name.aspx

Cheers, Lee.

Sep 19, 2011 @ 12:04
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your input :)

I tried to create a page with the code from the telerik forum and it gives me this: 

umbraco.editorControls|umbraco.editorControls.KeyValuePrevalueEditor.css

So bascially that should mean, that the KeyValuePrevalueEditor.css isn't found.

However, I checked up on this on several other 4.7.0 installs (which isn't made with WebMatrix) and it gives the exact same error, so maybe it's a bug in 4.7? Also, when it comes to uComponents, the datatypes are also missing on the other 4.7.0 sites.

I'm downloading uComponents 2.1 from CodePlex, installing it and activating the desired modules and extensions, refresh the app pool. Am I missing out on something here? :-)

Thanks again.

/ Bo

Sep 19, 2011 @ 12:26
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Bo,

The KeyValuePrevalueEditor.css should be embedded in the umbraco.editorControls.dll ... but I took a quick look at the DLL (from v4.7.0) and it appears to be missing, so it is a bug with Umbraco core.  Although, I don't understand why more people haven't had this problem too.

Thinking that there might be another issue going on with it not listing the uComponents data-types. I doubt it is related to SQLCE4, as I actually develop most of uComponents using that on my local dev.

Could take a look in the umbracoLog table to see if there are any other exceptions being thrown?

Cheers, Lee.

Sep 19, 2011 @ 12:41
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Lee,

I don't think it's anything related to SQLCE4 (Would you use this for production, by the way? Just to share experiences.. ) since they also won't show up on a live site that's not set up using WebMatrix.

I just had a peek at the umbracoLog table and it shows nothing at all - no errors. I even tried to uninstall uComponents and installing it again to have a look at the log table, but everything looks just fine :) 

Image for reference:

It seems i'm the only one who's got this issue though ;) Have searched high and low to find a solutions, but without result really. To me it's a mystery really..

Thanks again, Lee.

All the best,

Bo

Sep 19, 2011 @ 12:49
    Lee Kelleher

Sorry I couldn't help find the answer to this... if anything springs to mind later, I'll let you know.

As for using SQLCE on a production site - depends on the usage. I've used it for several live sites where there is hardly any content editing, small brochure-type sites. But if I knew that there was going to be a lot more content editing (say a daily news/blog), then I'd migrate SQLCE over to SQL Express - just to be on the safe side.

Cheers, Lee.

Sep 21, 2011 @ 11:22
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Lee, no worries mate :)

I agree on the SQLCE topic! I'm using it for small-to-medium sized projects, but if it's a member based site I'd like to use a "regular" database instead.

I've just create a completely new site based on SQLCE where I want to use the MultiNode Picker datatype, but none of the datatypes shows up :/ Do you want me to list it as an issue on codeplex or something? I'm still trying to figure out why, though :)

All the best,

Bo

Sep 21, 2011 @ 11:24
    Lee Kelleher

Sure, raise an issue on our CodePlex: http://ucomponents.codeplex.com/WorkItem/Create

We'll look into it further, see if we can reproduce the issue.

Cheers, Lee.

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Nov 05, 2020 @ 09:08
    Gerty Engrie

So, 9 years later but I'll add my 5 cents anyway. Had an Umbraco 7.3 with 404 on scriptresource & webresource.axd. It was part of a loadbalanced environment which is why all worked fine locally.... you need to add a machine key when running load balanced.

Hope it helps someone :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft